9 (64) Hills Road (Caius Houses), Shrubbery School
History of 9 Hills Road
built circa 1860
(64 Hills Road)
James V Pryor, unmarried, 43, fish merchant master employer 5 men & 3 boys.
In 1861 James had been a fishmonger with his father at 27 Petty Cury.
By 1891 James Pryor had moved with his family to The Hall, Milton.
Kate W Cambridge, servant, 22, born Cambs
Jessie Cambridge, servant, 21, born Cambs
John Wisken had married Catherine Hunter in August 1863 when he was Head Master of Newport Grammar School in Essex.
Catherine Wisken, wife, 70,
Gertrude Findley, 15, housemaid, born Norfolk
Annis Findley, 22, cook, born Norfolk
John Wisken, 89, clergyman Church of England, born Cambridge
Rose Myhill, 25, servant,
Alice Carter, 21, servant,
Mrs Wisken, wife, 80
Rev John Wisken MA
This school was previously at 3 Bateman Street
In this year Rev and Mrs J Living-Taylor took over the school. Maria Living-Taylor was the first Baptist woman minister in the country.
The school partly moved to Barton Road.
Living-Taylors handed the school over to their daughter and son-in-law, Mr and Mrs Alfred Wainwright.