Search by topic
Search by text
Cheshunt College, Hills Road
History of Cheshunt College
6/10/1905: Cheshunt College opened its doors to theological students without any ceremonial. It was founded in 1768 by Selina, the Countess of Huntingdon, and is strictly undenominational. It moved to Cheshunt in 1792 where it was recognised by the University of London and has now transferred to Cambridge. Houses in Cintra Terrace, Hills Road, have been adapted for the 15 students; most will become members of the University and read for degrees. (Cambridge Press)
Rev Ernest W Johnson MA, Cheshunt House, resident tutor
Cheshunt Theological College moved from London to Cambridge in 1906 and to new buildings in 1915.
A history of the college can be found here: