Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Eaton Socon
  • Back Forward

The Crown, Little End, Eaton Socon

History of The Crown

The Crown public house was built in the 17th century; initially a private dwelling, it was licensed in 1816 and survives into the 21st century.


1881 The Crown Public House

Samuel Tingey, 60, market gardener, b Eaton Socon

Mary A, 56, b Eaton Socon

John, 26, gardener, b Eaton Socon

Annie,  33, house manager, b Eaton Socon

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Eaton Socon

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Eaton Socon

Red Lion / Ladson House, Mepal

29 High Street, The Star, Melbourn

The King’s Arms, 12 St Mary’s Street, Ely

The George and Dragon Inn, 267 Great North Road, Eaton Socon

Ford House, 140 St Neots Road, Eaton Socon

Ladygrove, 168 Great North Road, Eaton Socon

2 Eaton Ford Green, Eaton Socon

Bell Farm, Little End, Eaton Socon

Falcon Cottage,164 Great North Road, Eaton Socon

191 – 207 Great North Road, Eaton Socon

The Old Plough Inn, 99 Great North Road, Eaton Socon

Eaton Mills, School Lane, Eaton Socon

134 Great North Road, Eaton Socon