Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Fenstanton
  • Back Forward

Yewhurst, Petersfield, High Street, Fenstanton

History of Petersfield

Peter Cowling was a tenant of Capability Brown, lord of the manor of Fenstanton. Petersfield is named after him. In 1786 he made a grand tour of Italy and France making notes which he turned into a diary, now in Cambridge University Library.

He died in 1824.

Projects

  • Fenstanton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Fenstanton

Prince of Wales Feathers, High Street, Fenstanton

The Vicarage, 2 Church Street, Fenstanton

7 High Street, Cream Rose (Valiant Trooper), Fenstanton

Grove House, Huntingdon Road, Fenstanton

14 Honey Hill, Fenstanton

25 Chequer Street, Fenstanton

Hearts of Oak, Church Lane, Fenstanton

The Bell Beerhouse, Bell Lane, Fenstanton

St Peter & St Paul, Fenstanton

West End Farmhouse, 9 Hilton Road, Fenstanton