Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Papworth St Agnes
  • Back Forward

Barn near Manor House, Papworth St Agnes

History of the barn at the Manor House

Numbered 21 by Dora Tack.

Built of brick, thatched roof. Large barn with arrow slits.

In 1941 the barn was used for the weekly meeting of the Home Guard. The Manor House and the barn had had electricity installed before anywhere else in the village.  The barn was also used for Dances.

In 1945 the barn burned down.

Tags

  • world war two

Projects

  • Papworth St Agnes

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Papworth St Agnes

71 Hills Avenue, Cambridge

documents

H C Banham, Cam Road, Cambridge

10 Victoria Park

Cottage farm, Papworth St Agnes

Row of Cottages facing Passhouse farm, Papworth St Agnes

The Lodge, Lattenbury Hall, Papworth St Agnes

Pair of semi-detached houses across field at the end of the village

Melrose Cottages, Lattenbury Hill, Papworth St Agnes

Brookside Cottages, Lattenbury Farm, Papworth St Agnes

Lattenbury Hall, Papworth St Agnes

School and School House, Papworth St Agnes

Village Bakehouse, Papworth St Agnes

Dumptilow Farm, Papworth St Agnes