Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Mill Road Area Cambridge
  • /
  • Mill Road
  • Back Forward

41 – 43 Mill Road, The Maples

History of 41 Mill Road

1881 The Maples

William Basham, 52, woollen draper, b Cambridge


1891 ?


1901 (43)

Frederick Ivett, 38, stonemason, b Fen Drayton


1913 (41)

Frederick Ivett

Ivett and Reed, sculptors and monumental masons


1950 (41)

Frank Short and Margaret née Grundy moved here after the birth of their daughter Elizabeth. Circa 1960 they moved to 37 Marmora Road.


Slingsby’s operated a hardware & decorating shop from the 1960s to the 1980s known as “Colour Corner” which occupied the whole building at 41-43 Mill Road.

Projects

  • Mill Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Mill Road

309 – 317 Mill Road

documents

25 Mill Road, Palm Villa

394 Mill Road

documents

73 Mill Road (31) (3 Pulling Terrace)

35 Mill Road

366 Mill Road

66 (32) (16) Mill Road

253 Mill Road

153 Mill Road / 2 Geldart Terrace

156 Mill Road, Gloucester Cottage