Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Museum of Cambridge
  • /
  • Museum Exhibit Stories
  • Back Forward
A cast-iron mangle with two horizontal wooden rollers stands on a wheeled base, set against a background of vertical boards.

A Laurie & McConnall mangle owned by the Coote family

13 Richmond Road

History of 13 Richmond Road

1911

Ernest Coote, 30, college groundsman, b Barrington

[Head groundsman at Trinity Hall]

Ethel, 31, b Surrey

Claude, 5, b Chesterton

Cyril, 1, b Chesterton

Caroline Lampon, mother in law, 76, widow,  b Surrey

[The three sons all went on to become groundsmen, Claude (Trinity College), Cyril (Fenners) and Leslie (Peterhouse). The mangle was purchased from Laurie and McConnall in Fitzroy Street.]

Projects

  • Museum Exhibit Stories
  • Richmond Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Museum Exhibit Stories

The Orchard, Huntingdon Road, Cambridge

12 Grange Road, Berry Croft / Lady Margaret Convent / Margaret Beaufort Institute of Theology

Royston Data

Brewhouse Lane, East Road, Cambridge

93 Sedgwick Street, Cambridge

21 Warkworth Street, Cambridge

Old Post Office / Government Offices, Petty Cury

7 St Andrew’s Hill

Honey Hill, Cambridge

Burleigh House, Star Brewery, 13, 14, 15 Newmarket Road