Search by topic
Search by text
History of Gresham Road
According to The Caius College Building Estate in Barnwell – Jeremy Lander‘:
The beginning of St Pauls Road, originally ‘St Pauls Street’ or ‘Vicarage Road’, had been laid out in the 1840s to serve the church and the parsonage and in 1878 the resolution was passed ‘to extend the St Pauls Road as far as the line of the Cricket Ground and to make a new road from St Pauls Road by the side of the above fence as far as the gate of the cricket ground.
This ‘new road’, which became known as Gresham Road, connected with Harvey Road and so made a loop of road along which houses could be built.