Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Petersfield Cambridge
  • /
  • Gwydir Street
  • Back Forward

165 Gwydir Street

History of 15 Gwydir Street

1881 space for one house

1913 building plot


(CWN 8.4.1982) The house, a highly individual looking residence was built in 1936 by John Kent, a slater and tiler who lived next door at Bahia Cottage, no 167 ….. on retirement Mr Kent built himself a house on the site of his slater’s yard, the front of which had been used as an advertising hoarding.

According to Pat Motherwell: Mr Kent left a lot of the slates behind at the bottom of the garden – the patio in front of the house is composed of cast-off slate slabs.


1962

Miss E H Kent

A rectangular metal plaque with the embossed text MISS KENT DRESSMAKER rests on a dark wood surface with screw holes at corners.

Miss Kent Dressmaker sign – found in the garden.


1970

Antonio Cinque


1982

Motherwell family

………….

Projects

  • Gwydir Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Gwydir Street

Memories – Gwydir Street

51 Gwydir Street

audio

Hazel & Charles – Gwydir Street

92 Gwydir Street

70 Gwydir Street

171 Gwydir Street

192 Gwydir Street, Gothic Terrace

59 Gwydir Street, Cambridge

63 Gwydir Street

130 Gwydir Street