Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Cottenham
  • Back Forward
A two-story red brick house with a tiled roof, dormer windows, a central red door, and a white bay window behind a low wall.

324 High Street, Cottenham

324 High Street, Cottenham

History of 324 High Street Cottenham

Listed building:

Early C18.

This house was the only property in Cottenham copyhold to a manor in Histon, that of St Etheldreda.

Early C19th: Henry Fullston, wheelwright, lived in the house and stacked his wood on the roadside.

1920s Mary Franklin lived here, first woman in village to wear shorts and trousers. She collected money for a dogs’ home and in 1929 gave prizes to two pupils, Christine Hopkins and Joan Cole, for an essay about dogs. (see Cottenham in Focus, 2002)

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Cottenham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Cottenham

Anglican Chapel, Fordham Road, Soham

Lodge, Cemetery, Kimbolton

White Lion, 46 High Street, Stretham

7 High Street, Cottenham

137 (113) High Street, Cottenham

293 – 295 (193 – 195) High Street, Cottenham

135 (111) High Street, Three Horse Shoes, Cottenham

216 High Street, Pelham House, Cottenham

Ely Cottage, 52 Denmark Road, Cottenham

The Green, Cottenham

133 (109) High Street, Cottenham

185 High Street, Mitchell House, Cottenham

27 High Street, Fenway, Cottenham