Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Great Shelford
  • Back Forward

National School, Great Shelford

History of the National School

Fanny Wale wrote in 1908 that the head master was Charles Smith, also organist and choirmaster. The Head mistress, Miss Quarry, has only been here a short time and is about to leave because the Committee have decided to have a mixed school. A Miss Hinton was head mistress there for a number of years and went away in 1901.

Tags

  • school

Projects

  • Great Shelford

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Great Shelford
documents

Sedley Day Nursery / Patacake Nursery

St Matthew’s Boys School, York Street

School, Sutton

24 Woollards Lane, Great Shelford

23 High Street, Great Shelford

94 High Street, Great Shelford

11 High Green, Great Shelford

De Freville Arms, Great Shelford

Site W of White Hill Farm

Station Tavern / Railway Inn, Great Shelford

Kingfisher House, 7 High Green, Great Shelford

90 High Street, Great Shelford

82 High Street, Great Shelford