Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Harston
  • Back Forward
A road crosses the foreground of a village scene featuring the Queen's Head pub, large trees, and a roadside signpost.

Queen’s Head, Harston (CAS531/Z49)

Queen’s Head, Harston

History of the Queen's Head

Enid Porter in Cambridgeshire Customs and Folklore writes:

Members of the Harston Women’s Institute recorded in 1935 the existence of the ghost of the White Lady who walked from the Queen’s Head along to Mill Road. The ghost of a woman was said by these same members to have been seen in the past throwing herself into the river near the bridge towards Haslingfield.

A black-and-white view of The Green in Harston, showing houses, mature trees, a telegraph pole, and a striped bollard.

Queen’s Hard, Harston (CAS)

Tags

  • ghost

Projects

  • Harston

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Harston

Trinity College, Cambridge

documents

King’s College, Cambridge

video

Wandlebury Round / Gog magog House

Village Hall, Harston

7 Church Street, Harston

93 High Street, Yew Tree Cottage, Harston

Hope Cottage, Button End, Harston

Dove Cottage, Harston

All Saints church, Harston

Church Street, Harston

21 High Street, Harston

Harston House

Button End, Harston