Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Over
  • Back Forward

The Jolly Butchers, 2 – 4 Hilton Street, Over

History of the Jolly Butchers

The former Jolly Butchers Public House; the tie bar at the eastern gable end has the initials W H for William Hilton (Blacksmith) an the date 1819. At the opposite end was Charles “Isaac” Robinson’s Forge, occupied by John Clayton before 1758.

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Over

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Over

The White Lion, Melbourn

The Mermaid, 13 The Broadway, St Ives

7 High Street, Cream Rose (Valiant Trooper), Fenstanton

Gilbert’s Cottage, 7 Station Road, Over

68, High Street, Over

The Red Lion, The Taverners, West Street, Over

43 High Street, Over

Cottages near church, Over

Sandpit Pond, Over

48 Fen End, Over

10 Fen End, Over

34 West Street, Over

46 Fen End, Over