Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Shudy Camps
  • Back Forward

Moated site, Barsey Farm, Shudy Camps

History of Barsey Farm

Scheduled Monument

Barsey Farm is thought to be named after William of Berardsay who owned land in Shudy Camps in 1279. In the 14th century the estate was in the ownership of the Gatesbury family and, when Richard Braughing sold the manor in 1534, it was known as Berarsheys.

 

 

Tags

  • Listed building
  • medieval

Projects

  • Shudy Camps

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Shudy Camps

9 Market Square, St Neots

13 – 17 Green Lane, Linton

10 Old Market, Wisbech

St Mary, Hockley Green, Shudy Camps

Thatch End, Mill Green, Shudy Camps

Cottage, Mill Green, Shudy Camps

The Hall, Shudy Camps Park

Mill Green Farmhouse, Shudy Camps

Priory Farmhouse, Haverhill Road, Shudy Camps

The Thatch, Main Street, Shudy Camps

Meadway & Meadside, Shudy Camps

Bramleys, Main Street, Shudy Camps

Shardelows Farmhouse, Mill Green, Shudy Camps