Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
6 Station Road Swavesey

6 Station Road, Church End, Bottlehouse, Swavesey

History of the Bottlehouse

1881: [It is uncertain exactly Mary Mann lived west of the Chequers since she was the only address in Church End on this side of the road]

Mary Mann, 50, annuitant, b Conington

Alice Tebbit, sister, 68, annuitant, b Conington

Edward Tebbit, brother, 68, retired farmer, b Wicken

John Tebbit, brother, 60, retired farmer, b Wicken

…………..

6 Station Road Swavesey

1891: the Bottle House

John Payne, 57, farmer and hay dealer,

Emma

 

Caravan situated in the Bottle House yard:

William Badcock, 53, general dealer and grinder, b Dry Drayton

Margaret, 21, b Dry Drayton

William A, 1, b Over

……….

6 Station Road, Swavesey

1901: Bottle House Church End

John Payne, 67, hay dealer, b Swavesey

Emma, 64, b Swavesey

Flora, 19, b Swavesey

Percy, 15, butcher’s apprentice, b Swavesey

…………

1911:

Henry Plowman, 51, police constable, b Hunts

Sarah, 51, b Gamlingay

…………..

1913:

No. 6, Bottlehouse was rebuilt after the fire of 1913, Nine beer bottles in the shape of a diamond were built into the end of the house.

Station Road, Swavesey.. Description

 

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.