Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Swavesey
  • Back Forward
A village street in Swavesey with a brick building and an adjacent chapel on the left, receding toward trees on the right.

Middle Watch circa 1953. Chapel on left is Strict and Particular Baptists b.1869 (Alan Lee Swavesey collection)

Baptist Chapel, Middle Watch, Swavesey

History of Baptist Chapel

A sepia-toned view of a quiet village street in Swavesey with houses on the left, trees on the right, and a wide dirt road.

Middle Watch c 1930s (Alan Lee Swavesey collection)

Tags

  • chapel

Projects

  • Swavesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Swavesey

Baptist Chapel and School Room, High Street, Lode

Quaker Meeting House, Rose and Crown, 48 Post Street, Godmanchester

Methodist Church, Station Road, Manea

26 Station Road, Swavesey

75 & 77 Middlewatch, Swavesey

New Inn, Trinity Foot, Swavesey

Harston House, 38 Church Street

Memorial Hall, Swavesey

11 Taylor’s Lane, Swan House, Swavesey

4 Station Road, Swavesey

Barwell’s, Black Horse Lane, Swavesey

35 Middle Watch, Ryder’s Farmhouse

Wallman’s Lane