Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Swavesey
  • Back Forward
A crowd of people in hats and suits gathers in front of a brick building adorned with a line of hanging decorative flags.

Opening of Memorial Hall, Swavesey, 1924 (Alan Lee Swavesey collection)

Memorial Hall, Swavesey

History of Memorial Hall

A gabled, brick and rendered Memorial Hall in Swavesey with tall corner piers, leaded windows, and a wooden picket fence.

Memorial Hall, High Street, Swavesey, built, £1,060, in 1923 on land belonging to George Long; part of memorial scheme of the village (Alan Lee Swavesey collection)

Projects

  • Swavesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Swavesey

Gibraltar Lane cottages

10 Station Road, Church End, High Street, Swavesey

3 Market Street, Swavesey

18 (4) (37) High Street, Swavesey

Station, Swavesey

45 Station Road, Church End, High Street, Swavesey

Baptist Chapel, Middle Watch, Swavesey

7 Station Road, Church End, High Street, Swavesey

4 High Street, Swavesey

11 Taylor’s Lane, Swan House, Swavesey