Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Queen Edith's Cambridge
  • /
  • Hills Road (South)
  • Back Forward
Black and white printed portrait of a middle-aged man with short hair wearing a suit, shirt, and patterned tie.

1936, Blue Book

269 Hills Road (The Willows), Cambridge

Historical notes on 269 Hills Road

At the beginning of the 20th century this house was the home of A Douglas Fox LRCP.

Later it was the home of Captain A C Taylor, better known as Archie, a former alderman and proprietor of the old Cambridge Daily News in St Andrew’s Street.

Sources: Cambridge News (Cambridgeshire Collection), UK census

Projects

  • Hills Road (South)

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Hills Road (South)

242 Hills Road, Newhouse, Cambridge

150 Hills Road, Cambridge

Perse School for Boys

189 (187/189) Hills Road (former St John’s Vicarage), Cambridge

288 Hills Road, Trinity House, Cambridge

255 Hills Road, St Margaret’s/Belvedere, Cambridge

193 Hills Road, Lugano/Keri, Cambridge

St John the Evangelist – Parish Magazine Archive 1909

277 Hills Road, Homfeld, Cambridge

Purbeck Road, Cambridge