Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

8 Marshall Road

History of 8 Marshall Road


(it seems likely by a process of elimination that this is the same building as that described in the 1901 census as no.4 Marshall Road)

Charles Symons, 39, superintendant railway goods foreman, born Devon

Gertrude Hogg, servant, 18, born Bradford

Herbery Hogg, boarder, 16, milk boy, born Bradford


William Thomas Keys, 43, carpenter wood, born Bucks

Henrietta, 38, born Oxon

Maud Mary, 14, apprentice dressmaker, born Oxford

William Thomas, 12, born Rugby

George Edward, 8, born Rugby

Ernest Charles, 7, born Cherryhinton

Frank, 5, born Cherryhinton

Victor Arthur, 1, born Cherryhinton

William Thomas Keys, a joiner b. 1868, and his wife, Henrietta, b. 1873, had six children aged between 17 and 4 at the outbreak of war. However they both volunteered for the Red Cross. He was a private from 1915-1916 with duties at the hospital, on convoys and air raids. She worked at the First Eastern General Hospital from 1917-1918.



Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing