Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Sturton Town Cambridge
  • /
  • Sleaford Street
  • Back Forward

13 Sleaford Street, Cambridge

The History of 13 Sleaford Street

Number 13 Sleaford Street (Memorial Buildings) was number 7 in 1891, and known as “No. 5 Memorial Buildings” by 1898.  In 1901 the property has the modern numbering of “13 Sleaford Street“.

A dark green front door with a gold knocker and letterbox is set into a yellow brick wall with the number 13 on the frame.

Taken by HW.

1891 (number 7)

Fred W Robinson, 35, telegraph goods clerk, b. Cambridge

Kezia Robinson, 30, b. Cambridge

Arthur W Robinson, 9,  scholar, b. Cambridge

Fred C Robinson, 7, scholar, b. Cambridge

Ethel M Robinson, 5, scholar, b. Cambridge

Edith Robinson, 3, b. Cambridge

Percy Robinson, 1, b. Cambridge

Nellie Robinson, 1 day old

Sources: 1881, 1891, 1901 & 1911 UK Census, 1888 OS Town Plan of Cambridge, 1901 revised map of Cambridge

Projects

  • Sleaford Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Sleaford Street

15 Sleaford Street, Cambridge

6 Sleaford Street, Cambridge

4 Sleaford Street, Cambridge

14 Sleaford Street, Cambridge

5 Sleaford Street, Memorial Buildings, Cambridge

14 Sleaford Street (6), Cambridge

13 Sleaford Street, Cambridge

10 Sleaford Street, Cambridge

12 Sleaford Street (7) (15), Cambridge

11 Sleaford Street, Cambridge