Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • Bridge Street
  • Back Forward

74 Bridge Street

History of 74 Bridge Street

Originally part of the site of the Dolphin. All Saints’ Passage was previously known as Dolphin Lane.

1820 – 1833

The Cambridge Philosophical Society occupied rooms over Bulstrode’s shop


1861

Christopher S Bulstrode, 43, cabinet & upholsterer employing 22 men and 9 women, b London

Mary Young, 46, housekeeper, b Ely

Jane Robinson, 15, housemaid, b Histon


This is a location that was demolished to make way for Whewell’s Court in the early 1860s.

Projects

  • Bridge Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Bridge Street

38 Bridge Street – Griffin, Red Lion, the New Red Lion, Red Lion Yard, Cambridge

14 Bridge Street

Parker’s Rookery

20 Bridge Street / The Salutation

35 Bridge Street

32 Bridge Street, Basing House (2 Quayside)

24 Bridge Street, the Quant Post, Windmill, Black Swan

43 Bridge Street / The (Black) White Bull

65 Bridge Street

Site of Finch / Swann Hurrell Iron Foundry