Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Mill Lane looking towards river

14 – 15 Mill Lane, The Mill, Hazard Arms

History of 14 - 15 Mill Lane

The Mill was built in the 18th century. However much of the interior was recreated in the 1960s.

14 Mill Lane

1851: The Mill House

James Samuel, 58, millers man, b Shelford

In 1851 there is a publican at 15 Mill Lane which may be the same property.

Joseph Scarr, 58, publican, b Great Shelford

(14) William Green, 38, merchants clerk corn and coal, b Lincs

………

1861: ?

In 1861 Henry Hazard was living in Mill Lane, location unclear. In 1851, he was living with Ann Comings, his sister, at 7 Mill Lane. The location of this property is unclear but it was not the same as The Mill House where Jane Samuel lived.

……….

1871: Hazard Arms

William Ayers

………..

1881: The Mill

Henry Stevens

……….

1891: The Mill

Henry Stevens

……….

1901: The Mill

Martha Stevens

……….

1911: not listed but see no.13

………

1913:

Mill Tavern

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.