The Carmelites (Whitefriars) moved to Milne Street in the centre of Cambridge at the end of the 13th cent. Excavations at Queens’ College have uncovered some remains of the Carmelite community.
In 1538, Queens’ College, which at the time occupied an adjacent plot, claimed that there were only two members of the community left; the Carmelite property was pass to Queens’ College.
There is a surviving piece of the Carmelite church north wall on the current boundary of the Fellows’ Garden.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.