Search by topic
Search by text
St Andrew's St outside Emmanuel College. Left foreground is passageway to St Columba's Hall, then nos 35 - 30 St Andrew's Street.
35 (36) St Andrew’s Street
History of 35 (36) St Andrew's Street
1959 Royal Commission on Historical Monuments Survey of Cambridge: No.36 is of two storeys with cellars and attics. Where the old walls survive they are of plastered timber-framing. It was built in the first half of the 17th cent. but the street-front has been entirely rebuilt and the ground and first floor cleared inside in modern times.
O A Strapp, silversmith and jeweller
(35a) S. Columba’s Hall, Enoch Circuit custodian