Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Littleport
  • Back Forward
A stone building with multiple gables, arched windows, and tall chimneys stands along a paved street in this old photograph.

National School, Littleport c.1915

National School, Wisbech Road, Littleport

History of National School

The first school in Littleport was set up in 1787  on Sundays only, boys on one side of the chancel, girls on the other. John Ayres and his wife were teachers, paid £5 per annum.

1847 National School built at expense of the Vicar Canon E B Sparke. Places for 172 boys and girls.

1871 Infants School built.

L-shaped yellow brick building with a slate roof, gothic-style windows, and hanging flower baskets along the front wall.

Old School, Wisbech Road, Littleport (RGL2025)

A yellow brick building with a slate roof, gothic windows, a central arched porch, and a white gate in a low garden wall.

Old School, Wisbech Road, Littleport (RGL2025)

Tags

  • school

Projects

  • Littleport

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Littleport

St Mary’s Convent / St Mary’s School

Brampton School

School House, High Street, Swavesey

7 Main Street, Littleport

7 Station Road, The Fountain, Littleport

Littleport Village Hall, Victoria Street

Sandhill Bridge, Littleport

4 – 10 White Hart Lane, Littleport

5 Granby Street, Littleport

Victoria Street, Littleport

Wellington Street, Littleport

Ely Road, Littleport

77 Victoria Street, Littleport