Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Littleport
  • Back Forward
Ordnance Survey map showing field boundaries, plot numbers, and the layout of Crouch Moor Farm with adjacent buildings.

Crouchmoor Farm nr Littleport, OS c.1885

Crouchmoor Farm, Littleport

History of Crouchmoor Farm

1939 Crouchmoor Farm, Littleport

Horace Kerridge, b 1888, farmer, air raid warden

Annie, b 1892,

John, b 1916, tractor driver, civil air guard

Gertrude, b 1919

Norman, b 1925

In 1911 & 1901 the family were at Willow Row farm.


Edward Storey’s, The Winter Fens, chapter two, records an interview with Jack [John} Kerridge, (1916-1997.)

The Kerridge family moved from Norfolk to Ely during the agricultural depression of 1840. James Kerridge of South Lopham, Norfolk, came with his wife Mary,  née Leeder, to Littleport, where they had nine children.

The youngest son, Michael, b 1861, married Eliza Sallis, b 1863, of Littleport.  They went on to have 11 children of their own. One of these was Horace Ernest Kerridge, b 1888 who married Annie May Henson, b 1861. These were Jack’s parents.

Projects

  • Littleport

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Littleport

26 Main Street, Littleport

35 Victoria Street, Littleport

48 Victoria Street, Littleport

54 Victoria Street, Littleport

16 & 18 Victoria Street, Littleport

9 Victoria Street, Littleport

26 & 28 Wellington Street, Littleport

Old White Hart Inn, Fisher’s Cottage, Littleport

St George, Littleport

Bank, Main Street, Littleport