Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Littleport
  • Back Forward
A black and white photograph of a tall, tapering windmill with four large sails, situated next to a brick building.

Windmill near Littleport Station before 1913

Windmill, nr Littleport Station

History of Windmill

This smock mill was built in the 18th cent and came to be near the station.

A detail from a 1901 Ordnance Survey map showing the location of a windmill labeled Windmill (Corn) near Downham Market road.

Littleport OS 1901

Early 1800s owned by Warner family

1850 purchased by Joseph Canham

1890s steam engine installed

1912 sold at auction for £12 10s and demolished soon after

Tags

  • windmill

Projects

  • Littleport

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Littleport

The Windmill, Mill Lane, Little Wilbraham

54 (20) (10) Mill Road, The Wind Mill

Over Mill

9 Main Street, Littleport

14 Wellington Street, Littleport

5 Victoria Street, Littleport

Church Lane, Littleport

5 Granby Street, Littleport

47 – 55 Victoria Street, Littleport

1c Main Street, Littleport

The Limes, Church Lane, Littleport

audio

Josh Scott

33 Main Street, Littleport