Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Whittlesey
  • Back Forward

Red Lion, Stone Bridge House, Stonebridge, Whittlesey

History of The Red Lion

An 1885 Ordnance Survey map fragment showing roads, fields, and buildings at Stone Bridge Corner, Whittlesey.

Stonebridge, Whittlesey OS 1885

1841 Matthew Speechley, wheelwright

1891 James Speechley

1911 Arthur George Speechley

1936 Francis Charles Barnes, butcher and landlord

The Red Lion was closed because of subsidence.

Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Whittlesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Whittlesey

Half Moon, 11 East Street, Kimbolton

The White Lion, Melbourn

Cock Inn, Church Street, Gamlingay

The Wheatsheaf, Angle Bridge, Benwick Road, Whittlesey

Rose and Crown / Vicarage, Church Street, Whittlesey

The Vine, London Street, Whittlesey

The Nag’s Head, High Causeway, Whittlesey

Public Hall, Station Road, Whittlesey

King’s Head, Gracious Street, Whittlesey

Market Place, Whittlesey

Anchor Inn, East Delph, Whittlesey

Old Crown, Gracious Street, Whittlesey

Rose and Crown, 20 London Street, Whittlesey