Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Whittlesey
  • Back Forward
A person in a horse-drawn cart stands beside a standing man in front of a brick building with a hanging pub sign and shop.

The Nag’s Head, High Causeway, Whittlesey

The Nag’s Head, High Causeway, Whittlesey

History of the Nag's Head

A coaching inn with coach access.

1830 William Smith (Arnold Street, old name for High Causeway)

1839 William Peed (High Causeway)

1840s John Ground

1850 William Porter

1858 Peter Hill, butcher

1875 Robert Yardy and wife Ann

1890s John Thomas Phillips and Daniel Yardy

1901 Mr Richmond

1904 James Stevenson

1916 George Tye

1930s John William Hart


Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Whittlesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Whittlesey

The Creek (Globe Inn), School Road, Upwell

Public House (approx position)

9 High Street, Six Bells, Fulbourn

The Red Lion, London Street, Whittlesey

Red Lion, Stone Bridge House, Stonebridge, Whittlesey

St Andrew, Whittlesey

5 Market Place, Whittlesey

The Wheatsheaf, Angle Bridge, Benwick Road, Whittlesey

George (and Star) Hotel and Whyle’s Malthings, Whittlesey

The Vine, London Street, Whittlesey

Public Hall, Station Road, Whittlesey

Rose and Crown, 20 London Street, Whittlesey

Market Place, Whittlesey