Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Whittlesey
  • Back Forward
A four-horse carriage parked beside a building, with a group of people wearing hats seated on top and a man standing nearby.

The Falcon Hotel, Whittlesey c1920

The Falcon, Whittlesey

History of the Falcon

A group of people standing and sitting in front of a building partially obscured by a large, dense wall of climbing foliage.

The Falcon Hotel, Whittlesey c.WWI

1668 first reference

1807 owned by Henry ward

1862 Robin Bennett

1869 John Russell Speechley

1877 Mrs Speechley

1900 Walter S Harr

1908 Martha Elizabeth Smith

1928 Herbert Smith


Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Whittlesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Whittlesey

56 High Street, Harston (Coach and Horses)

135 (111) High Street, Three Horse Shoes, Cottenham

36 Gold Street, Cambridge

The Packhorse, West End, Whittlesey

Whittlesey murder of John Hutchinson by Amy Hutchinson 1748

The Red Lion, London Street, Whittlesey

Red Lion, Stone Bridge House, Stonebridge, Whittlesey

Public Hall, Station Road, Whittlesey

Three Fishes, 7 East Delph, Whittlesey

Whittlesey (Whittlesea) Mere

The Old George, Queen Street, Whittlesey

Rose and Crown / Vicarage, Church Street, Whittlesey

George (and Star) Hotel and Whyle’s Malthings, Whittlesey