Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Whittlesey
  • Back Forward
A white, two-story, thatched-roof building stands on a street corner, with cars parked alongside it and a church spire beyond.

Red Lion, London Street, Whittlesey

The Red Lion, London Street, Whittlesey

History of the Red Lion

1822 Anthony Bull

1839 William Atkinson

1850 Margaret Atkinson


Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

 

 

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Whittlesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Whittlesey

Cross Keys, Mepal

86 – 88 (47) Kings Street, Horse and Groom Public House / The King Street Run, Cambridge

Orchard House, King William IV, Bourn

The Boat Inn, Briggate East, Whittlesey

Old Crown, Gracious Street, Whittlesey

George (and Star) Hotel and Whyle’s Malthings, Whittlesey

Rose and Crown, 20 London Street, Whittlesey

The Wheatsheaf, Angle Bridge, Benwick Road, Whittlesey

Three Fishes, 7 East Delph, Whittlesey

The Golden Lion, Barr’s Street, Whittlesey

Railway Hotel, Whittlesey

Whittlesey Mill and Chimney

5 Market Place, Whittlesey