Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Whittlesey
  • Back Forward
A two-story brick house with a central gabled porch and a low brick wall with metal railings along the front garden.

Three Fishes, East Delph, Whittlesey

Three Fishes, 7 East Delph, Whittlesey

History of the Three Fishes

There were possibly three cottages at this site.

1830 James Burdock and wife licensees of premises described as being in Delp

1853 address is now Northside and James Burdock still licensee

1864 Benjamin Blunt

1871 John Haynes

1873 James Blunt

1883 William Wade

1896 Abraham Anker

James Lawrence

1906 Marriott family

1946 severe storm brought down chimney

1955 Violet Marriott

1981 premises sold


Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Whittlesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Whittlesey

The Elm Tree, Eden Street, Cambridge

231 – 3 (167) (176) Newmarket Road, Butcher’s Arms

The Bells, 1 Fox Hill Road, Guilden Morden

Market Place, Whittlesey

Public Hall, Station Road, Whittlesey

The Old George, Queen Street, Whittlesey

The Wheatsheaf, Angle Bridge, Benwick Road, Whittlesey

Rose and Crown / Vicarage, Church Street, Whittlesey

5 Market Place, Whittlesey

Whittlesey murder of John Hutchinson by Amy Hutchinson 1748

Cross Keys, Northside, Whittlesey

Old Crown, Gracious Street, Whittlesey

Bricklayers’ Arms, Scaldgate, Whittlesey