Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Brampton
  • Back Forward
A three-story rendered building with a tiled roof, three men in hats standing or sitting by a fence, and wall-mounted posters.

Brampton Hut c.1910 (Norris Museum)

Brampton Hut

History of Brampton Hut

The Brampton Hut was closed in the 1990s and demolished during widening of the Great North Road. It was in existence by 1816 when the publican was Mrs Travell and was previously known as Creamers Hut.

In 1816 at Huntingdonshire Quarter Sessions, information was presented by Martha Ibbott of Southoe that she had travelled by the ‘Paul Jones’ stage coach from Alconbury to Southoe. They had come across a driver of a waggon, William Molan, badly injured and had taken him to Creamer’s Hut, Brampton, where the innkeeper, Mrs. Travell, refused to admit him. He died before the next public house was reached. Corroborative evidence by Nolan’s employer, John Nixon. Warrant granted. (Quoted on Lost Pubs website)

 

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Brampton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Brampton

The Old Plough, High Street, Ashley

25 & 27 High Street, Old Lion and Lamb, Oakington

video

62 High Street, The Rose Inn, Melbourn

Brampton School

Brampton Grange

Bridie Cottage, 109 & 111 High Street, Brampton

Brampton Manor, High Street, Brampton

London House, 26 High Street, Brampton

Three Chimneys, 38 High Street, Brampton

37 High Street, Brampton

Brampton Green

83 High Street, Brampton

St Mary Magdalene Church Hall