Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Courtesy of Cambridgeshire Collection, H.Inf.K30 3071

Infectious Diseases Hospital / Isolation Hospital / Brookfields Hospital

The Cambridge Isolation Hospital and its evolution

The Cambridge Infectious Diseases Hospital was built in 1884. It was later renamed the Cambridge Borough Isolation Hospital and later, in 1947, Brookfields Hospital. In 1913 its surgeon was Frederick Webb.

Photographs of staff and patients at the Cambridge Isolation Hospital, from the Cambridge Chronicle and University Journal, 17 September 1930.

Courtesy of Cambridgeshire Collection

Courtesy of Cambridgeshire Collection, , H.Inf.K30 3071.

Courtesy of Cambridgeshire Collection

Courtesy of Cambridgeshire Collection, H.Inf.K30 3071f.

The Brookfields Hospital site photographed in 2013.

© Mill Road History

© Mill Road History

© Mill Road History

© Mill Road History

© Mill Road History

© Mill Road History

Census

1913:

Miss Wright, Matron

Further Information

 

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.