Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Dry Drayton
  • Back Forward

Willow’s Farm / Bar Farm

History of Bar Farm

Detail from an 1886 Ordnance Survey map showing the layout of Willow's Farm buildings, fields, and paths in Bar Hill.

Willow’s farm, OS 1886

A 1924 Ordnance Survey map detail showing the plot and building outlines of Bar House Farm with land parcel numbers.

Bar House Farm, OS 1924

The Chivers family purchased Bar Farm in 1935, the former Willow’s Farm. The farm was sold in 1959 to establish the new village of Bar Hill.

Tags

  • farm

Projects

  • Dry Drayton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Dry Drayton

87 High Street, Hall Farm, Cherry Hinton

Dairy Farm, Barton Road, Cambridge

Cotton’s Farm, Dry Drayton

Edinburgh and Rectory Farm, Dry Drayton

The Spinney, Pettits Lane, Dry Drayton

Warrington Farm, 65 Park Street, Dry Drayton

9 & 11 Pettits Lane, Dry Drayton

The Black Horse, Dry Drayton

Post Office Cottages, Dry Drayton

15 Park Street, Dry Drayton

Prince of Wales Public House, Dry Drayton

View Farmhouse, Dry Drayton

Scotland Farm, Dry Drayton