Craft’s Farm originated in the C17th as a framed and plastered house.
In the 18th century the central chimney was removed and an extra wing added.
1922: farm bought by Maude and Victor Searle
Just before World War II the Searles bought their first tractor. During the war the government paid for the draining of fields. This improved the land but ponds bean to disappear. Legislation for milking parlours made upgrades to dairy facilities unviable by 1966.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.