Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Dry Drayton
  • Back Forward

Proctor’s Farm, Dry Drayton

History of Proctor's Farm

Section of an 1886 Ordnance Survey map showing the layout of buildings, fenced yards, a blue-shaded pond, and field boundaries.

Proctor’s Farm, OS 1886

The farm was named after its 19th century owner, Dr Proctor, Master of St Catherine’s College, Cambridge.

The land was sold in 1906 and the 113 acres farm was bought by the Searles in the early 1940s. After 1966 it was used for pig rearing but the farm was sold in 1979 and the farm buildings were demolished in the late 1980s for modern development of Searle’s meadow.

Tags

  • farm

Projects

  • Dry Drayton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Dry Drayton

Dairy Farm, Barton Road, Cambridge

Manor School, Manor Farm, Arbury Road

Caxton Manor House, (The George) 53 Ermine Street

Jasmine House, Dry Drayton

Old Bakehouse, Dry Drayton

Rectory Lodge, Dry Drayton

Five Bells, Dry Drayton

Dry Drayton Park

The Black Horse, Dry Drayton

Crafts Hill Farm, Dry Drayton

St Peter and St Paul, Dry Drayton

The Old Rectory, Dry Drayton

Prince of Wales Public House, Dry Drayton