Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Meldreth
  • Back Forward

Bridge near Sheene Mill, Station Road, Melbourn

History of Bridge near Sheene Mill

Listed building:

Bridge. 1852. Cast iron. Single span with cast iron parapet. The spandrels of the arch are pierced and have the name of the manufacturer. James Rawlings on the east side and Hurrell on the west side. The bridge has been widened. It was built to replace the ford on Mill Lane (now Station Road) and the cost of its building and upkeep to be shared by Melbourn and Meldreth parishes. James Rawlings, engineer and millwright is included in the 1858 Kelly’s Directory for Melbourn.

Tags

  • bridge
  • Listed building

Projects

  • Meldreth

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Meldreth

19 & 21 Hall Street, Soham

Broom Lodge, High Street, Hemingford Grey

The Old Rectory, High Street, Yelling

Post Office, 47 High Street, Meldreth

41 Whitecroft Road, Meldreth

Moss Vale, 106 Bridge Street, Whaddon

Meldreth Thatch, 3 Station Road

Mill House, Meldreth

The Dumb Flea, 23 Chiswick End, Meldreth

Willow Way Cottages, 9 & 11 North End, Meldreth

19 North End, The Cottage, Meldreth

British Queen, 94 High Street, Meldreth

Chiswick House, 3 Chiswick End, Meldreth