Search by topic
Search by text
15 – 16 Bridge Street
History fo 15-16 Bridge Street
15-16 Bridge Street
Early C16 timber-framed with both upper storeys overhanging. Three oriel windows, restored 1977.
1959 Royal Commission on Historical Monuments Survey of Cambridge: of three storeys, have plastered timber-framed walls and tile covered roofs. They were built early in the 16th century and a new staircase was added to no. 16 in the 17th cent. Nos 15 and 16 are good examples of a type of late medieval town house , of which few now remain in Cambridge; they retain much of their original detail. The upper floors are part derelict.
(10-15) P H Allin & Sons, motor engineers
(15) Mrs M M Martin
(16) F Winton-Smith Ltd, provision merchants