Search by topic
Search by text
3 Bridge Street, Hoop Inn
History of 3 Bridge Street
Pevsner notes, nos 3-4 (altered, formerly part of the Hoop Inn, are of 1729. Heads in the keystones of the upper floor.
When the railway was built in Cambridge, John Starkey, owner of the Hoop Inn, licensed refreshment rooms at the station. (Barraclough 2018)
1959 Royal Commission on Historical Monuments Survey of Cambridge: built in 1729 and towards the middle of the 19th cent. the first floor rooms were panelled.
A Colin Lunn, tobacconist and cigar maker
John Charles, compositor
3a: Banham & Benton, tailors & robe and breeches makers
(3a) Fatstock Marketing Corporation Ltd
Antique Galleries Ltd