Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • Bridge Street
  • Back Forward

41 Bridge Street

History of 41 Bridge Street

Black and white historical map showing buildings and land plots west of Bridge Street, Cambridge, with various labels.

West of Bridge Street in the Nineteenth Century

1688 Christopher Green split estate of nos 38-41 Bridge Street but the two parts were reunited in 1706 and passed to Edward Green of Hinxton. In 1688 there were eight occupants of the estate 38 – 41.

1720 William Cole moved his residence from his Market Street shop to Peas Hill.

See the entry on the Finch / Swann Hurrell iron foundry on the site of St John’s College Master’s House.


1861

Robert Spink, 59, tailor, b Cambridge

Tags

  • iron foundry

Projects

  • Bridge Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Bridge Street

56 (32) King Street

Estate of Sabine Hubert / Tenement of William Dak / Thompson’s Lane Brewery / Iron foundry

341 Newmarket Road, Headly and Edward’s Iron Foundry

Blackmoor Head Yard

38 Bridge Street – Griffin, Red Lion, the New Red Lion, Red Lion Yard, Cambridge

9 Bridge Street

19 Bridge Street, Baron of Beef

35 Bridge Street

15 – 16 Bridge Street

57 Bridge Street

27 Bridge Street, Scottish Provident/Wildwood, the Griffin, the Crow

58 Bridge Street

30 Bridge Street / The Peacock