Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • Bridge Street
  • Back Forward
A row of commercial buildings on Bridge Street, featuring R.B. Darkins and H. Langdon & Co. shops with signage in the windows.

56 – 59 Bridge Street c 1937 (MoC)

57 Bridge Street

History of 57 Bridge Street

1861

Samuel Fulcher, 48, cabinet maker, b Norfolk

1911

George Ernest Nichols, 46, watchmaker & jeweller (dealer) and shopkeeper, b Cambs

Alice, 42, b Kent

1913

George Ernest Nichols, jeweller

1937

George Ernest Nichols, jeweller

Projects

  • Bridge Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Bridge Street

Cambridge Core & Flower Trail

50 Bridge Street

69 Bridge Street, Cambridge

52 & 52a Bridge Street

34 Bridge Street

62 Bridge Street

3 Bridge Street, Crown Inn, Hoop Inn

17 – 18 Bridge Street, The Mitre / Blackmoor Head / Cock and Magpie

24 Bridge Street, the Quant Post, Windmill, Black Swan

documents

25 – 26 Bridge Street / The Barley Mow / the Bell / the Bunch of Grapes