Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

9 Bridge Street

History of 9 Bridge Street

1959 Royal Commission on Historical Monuments Survey of Cambridge: of three storeys with cellars and attics, has plastered timber-framed walls, with some clutch in the cellars, and tiled roofs. It is L-shaped on plan. The street range has 16th cent. cellars, but above ground it is an 18th cent. rebuilding. … the cellar under the NE range contains a 16th cent. door with linenfold panels … the house contains many reset lengths of 17th and 18th cent. panelling and several panelled doors of the same periods.

1913

Flack & Sons, bootmakers

Mrs Flack

H D Flack

University Union Society

1962

C Riggs, ladies hairdressers

Lawrence Agency, house agents

British School of Motoring

Cambridge Union Society

Sydney A Elwood (Round Church house)

(9a) Varsity Publications Ltd

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.