Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • King's Parade
  • Back Forward
A row of multi-story brick buildings with shopfronts and awnings lines a street in Cambridge, with pedestrians on the pavement.

King’s Parade 1904 including no.20 A W Smith

20 King’s Parade

History of 20 King's Parade

1881

Arthur W Smith, 36, hosier and hatter, b Cambridge

Lucy A, 37, b Cambridge

Helen Pratt, 20, servant, b Herts

1913

A W Smith, hosier and athletic outfitter

J T Masters

1962

A. Colin Lunn, high class tobacconists

The business moved here about 1961. Lunn had originally been at 15 King’s Parade.  The business had been started in 1899 by Jack Littlechild, Colin Lunn’s step-father, and had shops in Bridge Street and Trinity Street. When Jack died in 1950, Colin took the business over. (CWN 2.4.1981)

2018

Benets, cafe

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • King's Parade

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

King's Parade

Dovecote, 29 High Street, Haslingfield

Rectory Farmhouse, Brewery Road, Pampisford

Base of Cross, High Street, Meldreth

21 King’s Parade

video

3 – 4 King’s Parade

Old Schools

22 King’s Parade

Dockrill / Robin’s coffee house

King’s Parade

14 King’s Parade

17 King’s Parade

10 King’s Parade

documents

9 King’s Parade, (Trumpington Street),The Still and Sugar Loaf