Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

17 King’s Parade

History of 17 King's Parade

7/8/1906: Cambridge fire brigade undoubtedly saved a portion of King’s Parade, St Edward’s Passage and Peas Hill from destruction by fire. There are numerous old houses, warehouses, sheds and outhouses of all descriptions, many constructed chiefly of wood. It broke out at Mons Buol’s bakery, 17 Kings Parade; the bakehouse was gutted and hundreds of pounds of chocolate, almonds and sugar damaged. (Cam.News)


William H Barrable, 30, sadler, b Cornwell

Mary A, 23, b Devon

Eliza Whitehead, 21, servant, b Haddenham

Arthur William Cairns charicature

Viscount Garmoyle, 19, undergraduate, b London [Arthur William Cairns, later 2nd Lord Cairns. He was a student at Trinity College]

Alfred V Holland, 20,  student, b Worcester


(17-18) John G Buol, restaurant and pastry cook


King’s Parade restaurant

Ian McFarlane


Caffe Nero



Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing