22 King’s Parade
History of 22 King's Parade
King’s Parade including no.20 A W Smith
Building dates to the 17th cent. The staircase bay was probably added and the south wall faced in brick c. 1730. The shop fronts to the N and W are 19th cent. The 18th cent. rainwater downpipes has a moulded head. There is an 18th cent oak staircase and a panelled stone fireplace of c. 1700.
Stephen C Barnes, 66, tailor, b Newcastle
Mary A, 63, b Birmingham
Mary J Neville, step daughter, 29, teacher of dancing, b Worcs
Frederic J Neville, grandson, 10, b Cambridge
Henry W Neville, grandson, 8, b Cambridge
Florence Neville, granddaughter, 7, b Cambridge
Percy Neville, grandson, 4, b Cambridge
Frances Giddens, 20, cook, b Mepal
Esther Parsons, 23, housemaid, b Mepal
Samuel M Fox, boarder, 25, graduate, b Tottenham
Thomas P Jacomb, 21, BA and LLB of Cambridge, b Kent
Ryder & Amies, tailors, robe makers, hosiers, hatters, shirtmaker and clerical outfitters
Ryder and Amies used to occupy 21 King’s Parade as well. The business was started in 1904. They used to have a workroom on Peas Hill for their tailoring. There used to be a Conservative Club on the first floor.
Ryder and Amies took over tradition of sporting notices from Masters next door when they moved.
Ryder & Amies, tailors & robe makers