The approximate site of this building is commemorated by a Blue Plaque in the Chetwynd Court, King’s College. There is a Wikipedia article about the inn. It has alleged to have been the first meeting place for Protestant reformers in England from about 1521 but there is some uncertainty about this. The tavern was apparently known as ‘Little Germany’ because of these Protestant links.
Site of White Horse is shown in red.
The building was demolished in 1870 during the expansion of King’s College.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.