Junkers 88A (Wikipedia)
History of Ram Yard
Michael Bower Air Raid! pub. 1986 was an eye witness to the bombing by a Ju88A on 27th July 1942.
Gone first was the ‘Blue Barn’ Restaurant, an aged two storey building in Ram Yard removed by a 250 kg HE.
- Joseph A Prizborsky, hairdresser
- Henry Harvey, gasfitter an bellhanger workshops
- James Walter Mansfield, cab driver
- Harry Graveling, bricklayer
- Richard King, bootmaker
- Mrs Balls
- A Newman
Here is Park Street
Lincolne and Son’s and Holden’s Stables
10. Frederick Sam Riggs, University billiard rooms
13a. H Harvey, workshops
13b. S Fulcher, cabinet maker, undertaker
W J Ison, cycle store rooms
A W Barker, French polisher and upholsterer
13. Alfred H Wilson, compositor
14. Barber and Co, printers
15. Mrs Werrey, The Ram Inn
16. Bros. Denson, tailor and robe maker
J H Priest, picture dealer
Thomas Percy Mayes: Private 285083, 1st/6th Battalion, Gloucestershire Regiment. Killed in action 13 August 1917. Husband of husband of Louisa Rebecca Mayes, of 12A, Ram Yard, Bridge St.