Michael Grange was “a messuage and farm abutting upon the High Street east, and upon the field called St Thomas’s Leas (otherwise Swinecroft) west.” In its barn the grain grown upon its “dole” of fourteen acres was stored. It was for some three centuries the property of Michael House, one of the Hostels which went to the foundation of Trinity College. Trinity handed it over to the Corporation in 1613 in exchange for Garret Hostel Green etc.(Outside the Barnwell Gate (1915) p.13)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.