The Sevastopol Cannon is mentioned by William Farrington in his diary for 1858.
The the original gun was part of a massive haul of Russian weapons captured during the Crimean War in the 1850s and was awarded to Huntingdon by Queen Victoria in recognition of troops sent from the town to fight in the war. A similar gun was presented to Ely.
However the original was removed and melted down for its scrap metal during WWII. The gun today is a fibreglass replica.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.